Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Dexter By Design

Dexter By Design (Dexter, #4)Dexter By Design by Jeff Lindsay


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


First of all, I am a huge fan of the Showtime series, and watched seasons 1 - 4 before I ever picked up any of the Dexter Novels. I'd like to think that watching the show first does not skew my perception of the novels, but a friend pointed out to me that when I read the books first and then watch the show in most situations, I like the books better.


So, with that said, I like the show better. Not to say I have not enjoyed the books. Dexter in the Dark threw me off a little, and I was a little concerned about where the series was going, but Dexter By Design has put it back on track for me.


Isn't it nice when things just work out? This book was moving along rather nicely, like most of the Dexter novels, with last few chapters having the big finish. Dexter has gained most of his wits back from the last book, but still has a hard time getting back into his usual routine, due to a new nemisis prowling arounnd in Miami. While ending with a slightly assumed clif-hanger, I am still excited for Jeff Lindsay's new Dexter novel due out September 7!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment